We’re looking for those unique people who have the ability to design and who can cut their design into pixel perfect HTML, CSS, and JS. The coding side may have come from a previous job where there was no one else to do it or from the desire to have it be perfect because no one else had the ability (or desire) to do it correctly. The path you took to get these skills is not important. What is important is whether you can do the job.
Our client is a startup who is well funded, has software already built (for web and mobile), and wants to improve both the User Interface and the User Experience. A solid designer/coder combo can do both of these at the same time.
This position relies on you to be both creative and logical. Can you do it?
- A demonstrable design portfolio
- Proof of hand coding ability (i.e. send a link of a site that you worked on, if your name is in the HTML or CSS comments – that would totally rock)
- JS – jQuery familiarity, preferably good experience here with basic jQuery usage and integrating other libraries based on jQuery
- Ability to work with those typical coder nerds closely – yeah, you’ll be on the engineering team and these people are your teammates.
- Cross browser compatibility knowledge, know-how, and ability
- Strong Debugging and Testing skills
If you have these things, it’s bonus points to you, but they are in NO WAY critical to getting the job:
- Ability to define Selenium tests for your UI
- Experience with a scripting language like Ruby or Python
- Familiarity with the SDLC
- Deeper familiarity with coding, like integrating 3rd party libraries and communicating over APIs (like I said before, this is NOT necessary, it just would be cool if you have done this before is all)
If this is you, then send your portfolio URL, an example of some hand coding HTML/CSS/JS that you’ve done (i.e. a link), and your resume to jayna at technicalintegrity dot com.