Technical Integrity is currently seeking a Senior Storage Backup Engineer for our client in North Denver. This fast paced environment will require that you work are able to work effectively on your own in complex, client facing (remote) situations on a regular basis.
This mid-sized managed service organization has a small office (10 people) in North Denver that is expanding. It is a 24×7 environment and there will be on-call responsibility every 3-4 weeks. Typical volume is around five calls per on-call period. There is a fifteen minute response time requirement.
Two days working from home is possible after training.
- You must have strong enterprise skills in Netbackup (five years/500 clients)
- Your EMC DataDomain skills must be at a senior level (2+ years recently)
- VMWare and virtual machine experience is also critical (2-3 years)
- Disk-based backup experience is a given
- Excellent mixed-environment in Unix/Linux and Windows is preferred
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Highly organized and strong technical documentation experience
- Ability to install base NetBackup, clients, and intelligent agents
- Experience managing, configuring, and troubleshooting DataDomain
- Complex configuration of master/media servers, clients and agents
- Basic troubleshooting and remediation of NetBackup error codes.
- Ability to analyze and report on performance and capacity data.
- Complex incident management requiring skills outside of NetBackup.
- Ability to conduct basic restores of files and data.
- Experience using NetBackup through disaster recovery scenarios.
- Tape media management experience.
- Offsite tape media experience.
- Day-to-day operational experience (Administration and Management)
- Multi-site/multi-datacenter experience
- Experienced in backup replication methods, management and technologies.
- Backup policy design and implementation.
Nice to have skills