Our client is growing their small team of developers. There are 4 developers right now and they will be adding 2 more. They provide a service based in geo location, big data, and mobile applications. The team works 40-50 hours a week and believes in the importance of work/life balance. They don’t believe in siloed developers, so you will work on projects throughout the company.
You will be doing 50% Ruby on Rails and 50% Clojure in a Big Data and large scale environment. You must be familiar with scale, queueing, Mongo, PostGres, and have at least a familiarity and interest in machine learning. You will be able to work 1-2 days a week from home after you’ve proven yourself.
The Required Skills:
- Ruby on Rails
- Clojure or a strong Java background
- Experience with Continuous deployment
- Write your own tests in Rspec and Cucumber
- Willingness to help train and teach junior developers
- You need to be able to work without instruction, helping the team move forward
- Confidence (without cockiness) and the ability to work with a close knit team
The Nice to Have Skills:
- Git experience, if you have a github account that helps
- Agile experience helps, but not required