Our small startup client in Boulder is proud of their laid back environment and that everyone has a piece of the company (equity). Everyone loves what they do and they take their jobs very seriously. They love to make highly functional and useful products and they know they are making a real difference in people’s lives.
They pride themselves on getting things done very quickly, with an eye always on quality and what the customer deserves.
There is no official vacation policy and stress is generally low. The philosophy is that you should be able to get your work done in a 40-hour work week and that abusing your body to meet deadlines or get a product out the door is counter-productive. That said- make no mistakes- people work very hard- they just work smarter-than-your-average-bear. Get your @#$! done and go play and come back refreshed.
Their office is a converted Victorian house in a great area- close to restaurants and the fun on Pearl Street.
You are responsible for the customer experience- from design to implementation. That’s kind of a big deal.
This is pure, unabashed Product Owner and Project Manager role for a small, growing mobile company that needs a ‘take charge’ and ‘kick a$$ and take names’ kind of person.
Ideal candidates will have a strong technical acumen, a love for quantitative / data driven approaches- and preferably a technical degree.
You should have a passion for getting software (preferably mobile) products out the door in a fast paced manner with a focus on quality. You should be able to demonstrate your experience shipping software product regularly with plenty of examples.
You should have an interest in Public Health and making people’s lives better by revolutionizing their approach to managing and monitoring their own health.
The Necessary Skills
• Outstanding Product Ownership and Project Management skills and a true sense of responsibility to ship great products
• Experience in fast paced startup environments where you’ve shipped products regularly
• Knowledge of (and desire to work in) Public Health and Health-Related disciplines
• Passion for (and experience with) Agile, Lean Startup and similar methodologies
• A talent for herding cats….and engineers…carefully
• A problem solving mentality- the glass is always half full
• Excellent people skills- people love you
• Strong documentation skills
• An understanding of how users think, and a keen ability to grow products with that knowledge
The Nice to haves
• Technical Degree
• Mobile product launch experience
70-90K with strong equity