Our client is a company who prides themselves on having a team who all work well together. They will have you do 4 interviews, 2 of which are with the team and direct managers, in order to make sure they can get a good feel for how you communicate and how you work with others. Everyone in the company can approach anyone else in the company and chat, ask questions, and generally get on the same page about what’s going on. If you like a highly collaborative company where you may talk to developers or the VPE in the span of 5 minutes, then this company could be a great fit.
You will be responsible for marshalling the Software QA team to deliver code to the production environment. The QA team is the last line of defense between development and production, they are also responsible for fixing any bugs they find. You should be able to read and write PHP, efficiently and effectively because you will be in the code with your team. You will be leading the team to solve problems, automate those solutions, and then deploy everything live without issue. Every single time.
This position pays in the range of 100-120k, depending on your experience. Also, there is a right-proper benefits package, often a bonus program based on company and team performance, as well as health insurance and 401k available. Equity is granted on a merit basis.
You must have
- A BS in CS or other technically equivalent degree
- Automated testing tools and frameworks on the LAMP stack
- Experience testing against a large scale SaaS system that is always up
- You must be able to read, write, understand, and explain complex SQL queries in MySQL
- Experience with and solid understanding of source control, Git and SVN preferred
- TDD and continuous integration should be your only way to do things
- At least 3 to 5 years as an actual Software QA Engineer working closely with development teams
- You should have no problems working in a *nix environment – You should be able to write shell, PHP, or Python to do what you need in linux or unix
- Experience with Agile and an understanding of why/how to integrate QA into this environment