Senior Big Data Engineer at hybris software, Boulder, Colorado
With an established international presence, hybris software building next generation ecommerce solutions for the cloud in its new office in Boulder, Colorado.
hybris offers a truly challenging work environment with abundant opportunities for you to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
We encourage innovative use of new technologies, welcome new ideas and value your enthusiasm to do what it takes to deliver superior results. At hybris software, you will enjoy working with smart, senior level co-workers in a flat organizational structure that allows all employees the ability to contribute.
hybris is embarking upon a journey to create a comprehensive data management platform that allows for the collection of large data volumes to compute both batch-oriented and also real-time analytics needs. We are particularly focusing on the domain of customer data aimed at driving customer insights and relevance into our product portfolio.
This person must have a unique mix of both domain knowledge and implementation experience in the big data problem space. We are seeking someone with experience as a hands‐on engineer with big data tools and technologies. This person will be instrumental in helping to carry out this vision from conception to reality.
You will be part of a new ‘Tiger Team’, focused on big data analytics and solutions for hybris.
Build products that create a better customer experience and create solutions that can be utilized in other SAP products and divisions
- BA/BS degree in a computer related field (10+ years of degree relevant experience)
- One year of recent experience in a big data production environment
- VERY strong skills in Core Java development
- Excellent relational database experience in Spark, Storm Kafka or similar technologies
- Great exposure to batches and streaming
- Experience with both structured and unstructured data and storage
- Ability to a turn prototype into production quality system
- Experience working on a ‘Tiger Team’ that functions as an independent and nimble group
- Ability to work within distributed teams around the globe, in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Deep analytical capability and experience in big data problem space
- Significant hands-on experience in software engineering related fields, e.g., Java web development, data mining, business intelligence
- Ability to wear multiple hats around architecture and software engineering
- Hands-on experience with several of the following big data technologies: Hadoop (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Squoop), Spark, Storm, Cascalog, Cassandra, MongoDB, Kafka, Mahout
- Experience in implementing and/or operating big data applications in a public/private cloud environments
- MS/PhD in a quantitative subject would be beneficial
- Direct experience utilizing Agile methods and practices (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Domain knowledge in customer data related fields with strong quantitative focus (e.g. CRM, Marketing, Customer Analytics, e-commerce)
- Deep experience with predictive and/or prescriptive analytics
- Deep experience with and practical application of graph databases, e.g., Neo4J, OrientDB, Titan, in-memory databases
- Experience with relevant SAP products such as SAP HANA, SAP ERP, SAP BW, KXEN/InfiniteInsight would be a plus
- Work as part of a small team to craft and implement a platform for data collection and analysis
- Development of proofs-of-concept to validate various approaches and assumptions
- Contribute technology selection for the platform
hybris has very competitive pay, benefits and an unparalleled collaborative culture. Send us a short cover letter about your big data / Java development experience and we will write you back! For a good look at our company culture, please visit: http://endurancecrew.hybris.com/