Great views of the mountains, great people and a great series of products that solve real world problems. There’s VERY little turnover in many years, and they’ve been ranked (by several sources) as one of the best places to work for several years in a row.
Our client has built a platform that processes two billion transactions daily, moving quickly towards three billion. You and your close-knit Agile team will work primarily in OOPHP. Projects are highly varied and complex and TDD is your friend. Everything from API building, to database interaction. You will be expected to make deadlines, and communicate clearly both with teammates and other people in the company. Know algorithms? Good! That’s definitely part of the interview process and strong computer science fundamentals will help you go far.
The Necessary Skills
- Deep familiarity with the LAMP stack – far more than just web development
- Excellent experience in building highly efficient applications, that process a tremendous amount of data
- Familiarity with how to code for strong resource allocation and memory performance
- Exposure to building apps with hundreds of thousands or millions of users
- Demonstrated ability with OO development and practices in PHP, Python, Java, or C++
- Linux Command line experience, can you open nano and crontab? Can you commit to Git from bash?
- Experience working in a team environment with distributed code and lots of servers
- Unit Testing Experience, preferably with PHPUnit
- Active Github account
- Math and/or CS background – you will be using these skills
This position pays in the range of 75-125k, depending on your experience. Also, there is a right-proper benefits package, often a bonus program based on company and team performance, as well as health insurance and 401k available. Relocation can be available as well!