At Kapost, we believe software development is an art. To that end our culture is centered around hiring exceptional engineers, who are empowered with creative freedom and autonomy. We also believe in a balanced life. We work hard, but also enjoy the mountains and great food that Boulder has to offer. Our team is made up of extraordinary individuals, both personally and professionally. And we plan on always keeping it that way. You can read more about our culture here: http://bit.ly/kapost-culture
We are looking for a leader to be the founding member of the operations team. Your role is simple: do everything possible to keep all of our internal and external systems and processes running as smoothly as possible.
- Production Infrastructure: Be in charge of all infrastructure (web servers, db servers, pubnub, memcache, message queues, redis, DNS, etc) in all environments. Create and execute the transition plan from PAAS (Heroku) to AWS.
- Operations Infrastructure: Build out world class monitoring, log management, failover, replication, exception managment systems. The buck stops with you, so these systems need to be rock solid.
- Security: We have the world’s leading companies as customers. The security of our systems and their data is paramount. Build out best in class security measures, and be the face of Kapost’s security to customers.
- DevOps: Make the engineering team’s engine run as smoothly as possible. Responsible for the continuous integration systems, build scripts, deploy scripts, etc.
- Corporate Infrastructure: Manage our WP sites (eg kapost.com), backups, etc
- IT: As a startup our IT is very minimal, mostly comprised of a wireless router and some VOIP phones. But as we grow work with contractors to build out our IT systems.
- 3+ years hands-on operations experience in a software company, preferably in cloud/SaaS space
- Strong security experience for the enterprise- specifically around hardening systems and networks
- The highest level of ownership. We will be putting our systems integrity in your hands
- Deep Linux administration and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent AWS skills
- Be able to wear many hats: Production Operations, DevOps, Release Manager, Master Automator
- A passion for automation and experience with Continuous Integration
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- Comfort with settings up development instances of WordPress, Drupal, Adobe CQ, etc.
- Willingness to be on call
Skills that will bring you to the top of the list include:
- Security Compliance Certifications such as SOC or similar
- Excellent scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Perl or Python
- Automation and deployment tools
Technical Integrity is working very closely with our client, Kapost, to help them build their team in Boulder, Colorado
For more information about this role, you can contact us at [email protected]