This private company is offering a highly flexible, work-from-home role with a great deal of responsibility. You will be working with down-to-earth, driven industry experts in a variety of global locations. Our client is a leader in cloud-based and managed hosting solutions. Core products include Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Web Hosting, Email and Applications.
Our client is well-regarded in the hosting space. Due to growth, they are looking for a full time, high-level Product Manager with hosting industry experience. This position reports directly to the VP of Product Management and will be the owner of a new suite of products focused on delivering cloud-based software and hosting solutions to SMB’s, globally.
- Solicit and analyze potential product enhancements and new product opportunities from multiple sources, including industry and competitive research, customer and partner input, evolving trends and third party offerings.
- Provide vision for the growth and management of the SaaS product line.
- Maintain and manage an integrated product roadmap of multiple product lines.
- Responsible for determining the business value of development initiatives.
- Calculate the ROI of development initiatives and managing the product line P&L.
- Develop and implement product strategy and tactics related to pricing, positioning, features and service guidelines for assigned product portfolio.
- Analyze and anticipate competitive market, customer, and technology trends and adapt the product offering accordingly.
- Work with stakeholders to communicate any changes or obstacles to product development/roll out success.
- At least one year of recent exposure to SaaS platforms, focused on SMB market is required.
- Technical and business knowledge of enterprise data centers and cloud infrastructure operations.
- Agile development/Scrum familiarity.
- Experience creating requirements documentation and managing product roadmaps.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Ability to understand and write technical documentation.
- Excellent Product Marketing Background – Experience in marketing of B2B cloud hosting / services related technologies. Must consider stake-holders of all levels.
- Strong Business Acumen – Excellent ability to methodically process information, develop strategic roadmaps, Best Practices and technical documentation
- Global Perspective – Keen understanding of larger ramifications surrounding decision making about Product Development and rollout on a global level
- Deep knowledge of Customer Needs – Strong background working to identify opportunities and deliver Product solutions to high level clients
- Process Development – Must be able to create certainty out of ambiguity. Process creation and cross-departmental teamwork is critical for this role.
- Strong Technical Aptitude- Technical degree (or related experience) will be an important foundation for working in this highly technical environment.
Location / Travel
- Job can be based in Vancouver, San Antonio, Denver or Chicago
- Travel 25%