Our client is a fast paced but well regarded company in the Boulder area. They are very discerning about who they bring onto the team, but once you’re there, you are treated like family. These people are the technology elite, but they are not cocky about it because there’s no reason or time for things like that.
You will be a Senior Linux Administrator, a coder, and an Engineer. Your job would be to build, improve upon, and/or support the servers that are already in production or that will be there shortly. You should be able to help figure out memory issues, come up with ideas on how to streamline current systems, and from time to time you might even have to solve a Windows or Mac issue (yeah, really).
The Required Skills
- You must be a coder
- Languages: Bash (or other shell) and at least one scripting language (Ruby or Python preferred)
- You must know Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS VERY WELL, you will be quizzed and tested
- Network Configuration should be easy for you
- Nagios experience required
- Git or other versioning software experience
The Nice-to-Have Skills
- Previous startup experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to communicate complex problems to non-tech people quickly and efficiently
- Ability to handle changing priorities easily
We are a small professional placement firm focused on making a difference in our community. We give back literally and figuratively by sponsoring great local programs, supporting Meetup groups, and by organizing events focused on the startup world in Denver and Boulder.
We don’t identify with the sales-y or pushy approach that this industry is known for. We pride ourselves on having a candid, honest, straightforward conversation around cultural and technical matching with our clients and we have the same conversation with our candidates.
We are not interested in helping you just find a job, we want to help you find a career doing what you are passionate about. This means that if it’s not a great match, we’ll tell you. If we agree that there’s a good match, we’ll ask you to research our client and then decide whether you want to talk to them.
Our passion is to help our clients build great teams, not just fill positions and we believe our collaborative, honest approach is the right way to do this. Our mantra is “quality over quantity” in everything we do.