This job is for someone who is interested in doing lots of different things, but that has some core OO/PHP knowledge and can handle learning new things every day. Someone who has experience with open source software like WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal would probably be a good fit.
Go getter, multi-tasking, learn lots of things. Move around between things.
The people who are here thrive on doing lots of different stuff and learning new things.
Work with technology and learn how to work within an enterprise company.
You might be a consultant that wants to get out of contracting and into full time. You must be Outgoing, introverts need not apply.
Must be able to interact with customers over email or phone on how to do specific things.
There are 2 other people who will be there to help out, be a mentor, are already well established. A project comes in and anyone can take it. All of the people in this team learn from each other and are able to take on the projects.
Top 5 requirements –
- WordPress/Joomla – someone who has built WordPress plugins or customized WP someway, not someone who only templates
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient with PHP including OO experience (MVC, framework experience helps)
- Self initiated – self starter – things will come into your queue, you should just do them. You don’t need to be told your priorities.
- Ability to move between things, if something is brand new you can ramp up quickly and run with it.
- MySQL: complex queries, statements, views, design, data analysis, etc.
- Comfortable building solutions using MVC/OO frameworks
- Interested in learning new technologies and building usable solutions to complex problems. You are committed to producing awesome software that works well.
- Not afraid of a fast paced environment
- Agile experience
Nice to have:
- Java – or desire to learn more about it