We are proud to have been retained by our friends at Turing School of Development and Design to help them grow their team!
Are you passionate about helping students grow personally and professionally, especially those from underrepresented and diverse socioeconomic backgrounds? Do you believe that having a high Emotional Quotient is as important as having strong technical skills? Are you passionate about continually iterating on your curriculum and learning best practices of your own to be the best classroom instructor? If so, keep reading!
Turing School of Software Development and Design is a nonprofit, mission driven, accelerated software development training school in Denver, CO. We are actively seeking program instructors for our Front End Development program that are motivated, passionate, and most importantly, incredibly driven to foster the next generation of great technologists. If educating the next set of engineers who are going to go out and change the world is an exciting prospect to you, you might be the right person for this role.
As an instructor at Turing, you will research and prepare effective and fun lesson plans and deliver them to your students in an engaging way. You will evaluate individual student progress and group projects to provide useful feedback to students and to implement changes to the curriculum to make it better. You will contribute to the development of internal software tools and create and publish open-source materials. You will be onsite Monday-Friday during the hours of 8-5, during active class sessions, and on the occasional after hours event.
- Passion for teaching and leading others
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent sense of humor and humble demeanor
- Ability to break down and explain complex topics
- Familiarity with best practices in project management and workflow
- Drive and motivation to deep-dive into unfamiliar topics alone and with your students
- Ability to collect and analyze data in order to iterate in short, rapid cycles
- Ability to ramp-up on processes and tools quickly
- Experience teaching classes, public speaking, or presenting at conferences
- Professional experience as a mentor
- Open-source contributions
- Proudly call yourself part of a mission driven organization
- Competitive pay- Teaching Assistants $65,000, Assistant Instructors $72,500, Instructor $82,500 starting pay with raises every 7 weeks = 10-14% per year
- Fully paid premium health, dental, and vision insurance and 50% coverage for family
- Long-term disability insurance
- Flexible minimum leave policy of at least 15 days per year in addition to regular time off between sessions
- 401(k) savings program with 2% employer match
- Maternity/paternity leave policy ensuring 8 weeks of paid leave