Senior Unified Communications Professional and CCNP, Remote Work
Technical Integrity is currently seeking a full time Cisco Unified Communications Professional. This fast paced, managed services environment will require that you work are able to work effectively on your own in complex, client facing (remote) situations on a regular basis.
This mid-sized managed service organization has offices (1500 people) around the country that are expanding. While the role itself is 8-5pm, there will be on-call responsibility every three weeks. Typical volume is around five calls per on-call period /week which are usually after 8-5 business hours. There is a fifteen minute response time requirement, and a generous on-call hourly rate. The three person team is very close-knit, adaptable and dynamic. Management is rock-solid technically and they value new ideas. This team is looking for a serious but flexible contributor that is looking for a long term commitment.
This client highly values training opportunities and at least two times a year you will be sent to acquire new certifications and you will always be learning something new onsite.
Please note that in this position you will have access to highly sensitive information on a regular basis- and as such- Drug Screen, Credit Check and Background Screen are required.
The Managed Network Engineer provides first-call, Level 2/3 management for customers’ managed network services. Working with a Manager, this individual will handle incidents and service requests to remotely administer customer’s network environment. Additionally, the Engineer will proactively manage the environment through performance, capacity and patch management processes. Interaction with the customer directly on case updates, recommendations and improvements. This is a unique opportunity in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment with hands-on access to leading edge datacenter, network, virtualization, and storage technologies.
- Excellent Cisco Unified Communications Experience
- Understanding of Cisco portfolio : Enterprise, Data Center, Unified Communications, Security
- Ability to learn multiple Cisco specialties that include : Route/Switch , Unified Communications, Security and Data Center
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a technical discipline OR
- 3-5 years of managing Cisco network solutions including route/switch, wireless and firewalls
- Strong knowledge in security concepts and practical application to corporate networks
- Excellent practical knowledge of network concepts including DNS, DHCP, VPN, network protocols, port configuration, link aggregation, spanning tree optimization, and performance tuning
- Unparalleled customer service skills
- Deep Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching is required, CCNP R/S is preferred
- Cisco WLC, ASA, IPS/IDS
- Strong documentation skills
- Expertise on routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF