Technical Integrity is actively seeking a hands-on manager with deep Distributed Network Architecture and NoSQL systems background, to help our well funded startup client scale their Operations infrastructure for their SaaS platform. This is an opportunity to play in the big leagues in the BigData realm. Processing BILLIONS of transactions every few hours, this organization has a majority market share in their realm and they continue to grow. Want to architect, strategize, use and own the latest Ops and Network technologies while managing and mentoring a team? Keep reading.
Our client is proud of their culture and it’s resulted in incredibly happy employees. This is a company who operates worldwide, but has very tight knit teams in Colorado. If you’re down to earth, collaborative and you have a lot to offer the world and you’re excited about sharing it, please keep reading.
- Be the trusted right hand person for the VP of Ops at a well respected SaaS company.
- Architect, design and continue to implement cloud-based infrastructure for high reliability and availability in an existing fast paced environment. This is a HUGE responsibility and this should be a “been there done that” for you.
- Act as Player-Coach of an existing and growing team of Sys Admins, DevOps Engineers, Reliability Engineers & DBA’s that support our client’s cloud applications and services onsite in Denver
- Automate the deployment and maintenance of cloud platform technologies
- Direct all activities associated with infrastructure performance and reliability including capacity planning, trends, and application performance
- Architect, monitor and model system stability, performance in a 24×7 environment
- Work closely with Information Security personnel to grow and maintain a secure platform
The Required Skills
- An ability to engender trust in all team members through your words and actions
- Strong SaaS and NoSQL scaling experience at a massive level
- 10 or more years experience architecting, managing and running highly available secure platforms that can handle incredible levels of data
- Experience building highly distributed systems and love the challenge behind it
- A love for communicating with your fellow humans, including through technical documentation
- Practical experience deploying and maintaining Puppet, Chef and similar tools
- A penchant for doing things right the first time and instilling that in others
- Flexibility, adaptability and an eternally positive attitude
- An interest in building infrastructure for a scrappy startup thats handling billions of transactions daily with no reliance on big expensive tools like EMC, NetApp etc
- Know the time and place for using AWS and when to scrap it
- Must pass the team “wants to have a beer with you” test
- Should know when, how and why to use Cassandra, HBase and Hadoop
- Has taken the proverbial tiger by the tail in a high growth organization and managed it successfully
- Willingness to “be available” at any time for the long term success of a high availability environment
- Expert understanding of networking/distributed computing environments
- Strong exposure to continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience setting strategy and allocating resources in support of Cloud based software solutions
- Comfortable deploying and supporting a wide range of software and networking services
- Experience deploying and configuring software for monitoring distributed systems and services (Cacti, Munin, CloudKick, Zenoss, etc)
- Solid scripting experience in a variety of languages
- Ability pivot on priorities with a moments notice
- Experience working within an agile development environment